Thursday, October 2, 2014

Bozeman, Montana

Bozeman was an interesting city to stop in. We are basically making our way to South Dakota for Mount Rushmore and other nearby sights. In Bozeman we did a variety of activities. We started out at the Museum of the Rockies where we saw Big Mike, a T-Rex. I didn't know this, but there are more dinosaur remains found in Montana than any other USA state.



After the museum we headed over to the Montana Grizzly Encounter. This is a preserve for rescued grizzly bears. The two bears we saw were Brutus and Sheena. After Brutus dug up some weeds he headed off, but Sheena seemed to know that when people are around she will be fed, so she headed on down, about 12 feet away from us and ate the grapes that were thrown into her lair.

Brutus
 
 
Sheena
 
Sheena eating her grapes.
 
Is Sheena going to get me?
 

Lastly we headed off to play Laser Tag. I have never played before, and it was just three of us playing. I got 3rd place, or in other words, I lost. It was actually a good workout, and you get nervous hiding around corners in the maze, not wanting to be "shot." It was actually so incredibly cold at the grizzly retreat that I just HAD to by myself a "grizzly encounter" sweatshirt. It has been a lot colder than I expected it to be and I had only packed this thin jacket. Tonight the low is actually going to be 28 degrees. At the grizzly encounter it had to be about 42 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment