Sunday, October 12, 2014

Mesa Verde and Four Corners

I have been waiting for years to see Mesa Verde and Four corners, even before Stephanie and I missed out seeing the two sights on our Mount Rushmore or Bust trip. Mesa Verde was incredible, especially Cliff Palace, the largest of the dwellings at Mesa Verde. I would love to go back and spend an entire day there hiking and climbing the ladders into the dwellings. I didn't realize you had to have a tour with a  ranger to climb the ladders, not like in Bandelier National Monument. We didn't have time to wait for the tour.
What an incredible sight, I don't think I would ever get tired of looking at it.
 
 
Next we headed on over to Four Corners. Another surprise was waiting for me there, apparently Four Corners in on Indian land, and they charge $5.00 per person to go and stand at the Four Corners. Many people think this is a rip off and get upset or won't go. I didn't mind, I think it is okay for the Indians to try to raise money to help them out. I wish Stephanie could have been here with me instead of me just being by myself. I am discovering that I don't necessarily like to "travel" on my own. I know I am not on my own, literally, but when I am at a historical sight enjoying what I am seeing, I do wish I had someone there with me to appreciate it. Four Corners isn't anything spectacular to see, but the concept is really cool, to be in four states at one time, I loved it, I was excited to make it there.
 
 




 

 

1 comment: