Saturday, October 4, 2014

Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial, South Dakota

We visited the two major sights here in South Dakota. First we went to Mount Rushmore. This is my second trip here, but I loved it just as much as the first time. I can never get tired of looking at this magnificent art work honoring four Presidents who served during the first 130 years of our nation.

 
 
 
After visiting and learning more about great Americans, it was time to go and see and learn about a great Native American, Crazy Horse. To be honest, I couldn't really see any difference in the work that has been done there since I was last here a few years ago, but I know there must be differences, they are just slow to see. Since Crazy Horse Memorial is all privately funded it is taking a long time to get the work done, but they are continuing in their important effort and it was important to go see this sight again.
 
 What the Crazy Horse Memorial currently looks like.
 

What the memorial will look like some day in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I hadn't heard about the Crazy Horse memorial. That'll be interesting to watch its development.

    ReplyDelete