Friday, October 10, 2014

Durango, Colorado

I had a great time in Durango, Colorado. We spent three nights here so I really had a chance to walk around and see the downtown Historical area. Again, without a car, I am a bit limited on my range. It has been great fun watching and hearing the train arrive and depart each day, I can understand why Boady and Vaughn like trains so much. We did get to take the Durango-Silverton train, which was 3.5 hours long. I thought it was beautiful. We were lucky because the trees, at least the Aspens, were changing colors to yellow, orange, and red, so we got to see some Fall Colors. I don't think much of New Mexico or further south will have many trees changing colors.

 

 
 
 
Durango is a very cute, old western town. The hotel we stayed in, The Strater, is very historical. Louis L'Amour used to stay in the hotel a lot, and his room was right above the saloon where he heard ragtime music, which inspired some of his writing. The Belle Saloon still has the waitresses dressed as saloon girls, which was really cute.
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment