Friday, September 12, 2014

Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz

Talk about a long day, I swear by the end of the day, I could barely walk. We started out with a bike ride across the Golden Gate Bridge. It is an eight mile bike ride just to Sausalito. We had to get to the ferry and back across before two o'clock so we could make our Alcatraz boat on time. This meant we had to hustle. My poor legs haven't been on a bike in years, and hustling was very difficult for me. I couldn't seem to keep up to anybody. No matter which gear I was in or how hard I pedaled. By the time we reached the Ferry in Sausalito, but legs were rubber and my whole body was shaking in need of food. Having complained about all that, it really was a beautiful ride, and I would love to do it again, but just with more time to relax and enjoy things on the way. The total round trip was 3 hours.



 
 
 
Now it was time for Alcatraz. I love going to Alcatraz. The history is just so interesting. I like to hear about the "successful?" escape. We even met a man who was a "guest" at Alcatraz, he is the last living former inmate. He wrote a book that I bought and had signed. That night, when we got back, we watched "Escape From Alcatraz" which was depicted exactly like we saw at Alcatraz. Overall, it was a great day, but I was really dying by the end of the day and never was so happy to actually take a hot hot bath, watch a movie, and go to bed.
 
 
 




 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment