Sunday, September 28, 2014

San Juan Islands - Orcas Island

We spent the next three days in Orcas Island. Because the ferry is first come first serve, we had to get up and leave by 6:00am to make sure we have a spot for the ferry to Orcas Island. It certainly was a beautiful place to visit, and the ferry ride over was equally beautiful. First day was really spent just getting there and having an amazing dinner at the Moran Mansion. I was really looking forward to a hike around the lake nearby in the morning, but I rained most of the next day. However, I did not let that stop me from working out. I walked in the drizzle the 3/4 mile from my room to the lobby to go to the gym. But, when I got there I found out the "Mansion" doesn't open until 45 more minutes. So I jogged back to my room and did some additional exercise there. I was proud of myself for making an effort even though it was crummy weather.

 
Did finally make it to the lake, along with going to the local farmers market and shopping and buying a completely unnecessary souvenir.

 
 
View from my room.
 
 
The real highlight was going whale watching to see Orcas. I didn't get to see any Orcas while in Alaska, so it was fabulous seeing a pod of Orcas.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment