Monday, September 22, 2014

Portland

Portland is a beautiful city, I would say a blend between San Francisco and Seattle. It is smaller than San Francisco, and warmer than Seattle. In fact, it was quite warm here, about 90 degrees. I didn't know that Portland would get that warm. At first, I was in love with Portland, they have, in abundance, two of my favorite things, books and food. Portland is know for being a town of readers. Powell Book store is an entire city block, by far the biggest and best book store I have ever seen. Portland has also been named the best city in the world for street food. They have food trucks that park permanently in lots. I had Korean Bulgogi Bento Box and it was excellent. They also have a donut shop called Voodoo Donuts. It stays open 24 hours a day, and when I showed up at 4pm, there was a line of at least 50 people going half way down the street. Like I said, at first I loved Portland, but then as I walked more and more around the city, it was overwhelming the number of young homeless people, people in there 20s. It actually really bothered my to see so many young homeless people, begging on the streets when they are fully capable of working. In the downtown area in particular, it was practically on every corner. Besides that, Portland was very lovely and fun to visit. I wish I could have gone out to see Mt. Hood and the Columbia River Gorge, but I guess that will be another trip with Stephanie some day.


Yummy Food Carts
 

 



Voodoo Donuts





 
I was in heaven in Powell's Book Store




No comments:

Post a Comment